Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Simone Meucci –

How we know him – He was introduced to us by his father Massimo in September, as a nice, responsible kid that spoke great English and would be at our beckon call for anything we needed. He got everything right but the “Great English” part!

What he does – Simone is a college student, studying foreign language. He’s also our “Go to Guy” and does virtually anything we ask him to do. He takes the kids home from school on Monday and Friday, baby sits them once or twice a week, runs errands for Anna and I and handles anything that requires significant Italian translation for us.

Our Friendship – I think that Simone will be the person that Anna and I will miss the most when we leave. I would assume he will be at the top of Trey and Olivia’s list as well. Olivia considers him to be her other big brother and Anna and I consider Simone to be a part of our family. At the age of 19 he has an amazing amount of maturity and cares about us and our well being as much as you could ever hope for. He truly cares about our kids so much and is such and honest and good person.

Simone is always in a good mood (Accept for when Fiorentina loses in Soccer. He’s an avid fan). I guess the ultimate compliment that I could pay to Simone is that I hope that my son grows up to be like him one day!

Interesting Quip – He’s been going out with his girlfriend Veronica for five years (Since he was 14) and she is older than him! Grande Simone!

No comments: