Friday, July 11, 2008

What the Kids Learned, "Their Final Interview"

Q1: Trey and Livy, how does it feel to be home?

OA: "Very exciting because I get to see all of my friends. I can't wait to see Fluffy (Her hampster) and pet her!"
TA: "It feels really good because I get to see all of the people that I missed like my grandparents and cousins and my friends. I feels really good."

Q2: Trey and Livy, Do you miss Italy and if so, what do you miss?

OA: "I miss Italy and I miss Simone, Paolo and all my friends including Stelle."
TA: "I miss Italy a little bit, because of the friends that we made in Italy and how people were so nice to us. I miss Italian food and I miss the castle too."

Q3: Trey and Livy, if you could do it all over again, would you have spent the year in Italy and why?

OA: "I would have spent the year in Italy, because its good to learn new languages and make new friends. If I didn't go to Italy I would have never made friends like Simone."
TA: "I think that it would still be sad to leave here and very hard, but in the end I would go to Italy. The reason I would go is because of all the nice people we would meet and the food we got to eat. Also, if we didn't go to Italy then we would never have been able to go to the school in Florence which is my favorite school I have ever been to."

Q4: Trey and Livy what were your thoughts when dad told you that morning we were going home early?

OA: "I was very happy because I missed home."
TA: "I was really excited but at the same time I was a bit sad. I was really sad to say goodbye to everyone in Italy, they are such nice people. There are so many great things about Italy and I was sad to leave in many ways."

Q5: Trey and Livy what did you learn from living a year in Italy?

OA: "I learned how to make new friends. I learned a new language."
TA: "I learned about the Italian culture and I also learned the Italian language. I learned how the Italian people live. I think that I learned that I can make friends with everybody no matter where I am!"

No comments: