Friday, March 14, 2008

The Home of Art

This will be the shortest ever post in Florentine Braheem. The other day, I overhead an amazing statistic for the second time (The first time being five years ago when I was vacationing in Italia). Italy is boasts an astonishing statistic. Over 60% of the worlds art is found in just this one country! This got me thinking about my favorite subject, food. No wonder why the food is so damn good here. The Italian people treat the subject of eating exactly the same way that they treat expression. In fact, its far at this point to say that culinary expertise is a form of art. The care that is put into selection of the ingredients and the preparation of each dish when I cook with Marcella is simply amazing. You will never be able to fully understand what we are talking about until you have visited Italia and had a meal here. Each trattoria is like its own museum with masterpieces on display each day!

No comments: