Friday, March 14, 2008

Being with Each Other Every Day

One day not long ago, I got to thinking, “Wow, Anna and I sure have spent a lot of time together in the last seven months!” I knew that we were going to be together a lot this year, but I guess that I never considered that it would be pretty much all day and every day. There are times when we will head our separate ways (Perhaps I have lunch with a friend or she goes off exploring the city and its winding streets), but for the most part we are attached at the hip. One of the reasons is that we only have one car and with the weather so cold, I’ve not been riding the motorino much the past few months.

I occurred to me that not many married couples experience being together this frequently and for this long of a period of time until much later in their lives. This is a very different experience than working with your spouse as the time is consumed with work rather than true personal quality time. Unfortunately for many people, this personal time (When they finally do get to spend it together) is not necessarily an enjoyable experience. I consider the two of us very lucky to be able to go through it at an early age as it serves as a glimpse to the future of what retirement will be like. Of course the experience is greatly enhanced by having the opportunity to enjoy being with Trey and Olivia at a young age as well. Florence isn’t a bad place to go through it either!

The good news is I am not looking forward to going back to work, so something must be going well!

No comments: