Friday, December 21, 2007

An Interview with Grandma Rita (aka Gina)

Q1 – How did you feel when you arrived and saw Anna at the airport, after not seeing her for four months?
GA – “I felt fantastic. I thanked God that both of you were there and that I had a safe journey. I had mixed emotions. Seeing you both but then knowing that I would have to leave in ten days. That was mixed emotions for me.”

Q2 – What was the biggest difference that you saw in Trey and Olivia after not seeing them for four months?
GA – “They have grown, both physically and they are both more mature. I’m impressed by Trey’s reading habits and how much he has matured. He’s growing into a young man. I’m really impressed how they both wake up so early for school and neither of them whine about it. Olivia has grown and is as beautiful as ever. I love her long beautiful hair and I am so pleased to see how she entertains herself. I’m really impressed with her reading and spelling.”

Q3 – You have been to Florence before, but this time you got to spend a lot more time in the city. What are your feelings about this Renaissance city?
GA – “I think that its just awesome. The Duomo is breathtaking. Its something that everyone in the world should see at least one time. Its incredible. The fact that we went to mass as a whole family there was really a highlight from the trip. Praise the Lord. I was impressed with the huge grocery store and how you take your shopping cart up the escalator without it rolling back down, even if you let go of it! Its such a fascinating city in the center with all the amazing coffee shops, the pastries, the marvelous restaurants. Oh my god the food was terrific.”


Q4 – The Castle, what are your impressions of staying there?
GA – “Its an experience that I will never have again in my life. I will never forget it. I can’t really describe it. Its just amazing.”

Q5 – You are Maltize (From the island of Malta). What are some of the things about Italy that remind you of your home land?
GA – “Oh my goodness. The architecture, accept we don’t have roofs like they do here. We have flat roofs that you can walk on. The windows and the balconies, the narrow sidewalks with dog poop on them!, The traffic!

Q6 – What are your favorite memories of this trip to Florence?
GA – “The marathon was a wonderful experience. That was a great day. I loved standing next to Trey, when he was yelling BRAVO for the runners. Sienna was one of the highlights too. I really loved meeting Alex, she is a wonderful person. I have always loved Sienna and would have been sad had we not gone to Sienna. Sitting down every night with Tim and Anna and watching Prison Break, I really enjoyed that very much.”

Q7 – What was the biggest surprise about your visit?
GA – “Oh the surroundings of the castle. I have never seen so much forest and land. Its so beautiful. Its like a fairy tail. One morning I was looking out the window after it had rained and all the trees with the water dripping off them, looked liked they had Christmas lights on them. Every day you see something different at the castle. All the colors, the people burning trash and the smoke in the sky. My final word to describe it was MAGICAL.”

No comments: