Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Trey and Olivia (Their Interviews)

Interview with Trey

Q: Trey, when you arrived home, you named the front door of the house “The golden door. Why did you call it that and how did it feel to be home that night in your own bed?
TA: “Because I felt like the door was the gate to Heaven! It felt really comfortable with a spring mattress and it felt really great to be in my own bed.”

Q: Trey, two nights before we left for Florence, you cried for nearly twenty minutes in bed because you were so sad to be going back. Tell us how you felt?
TA: “I was feeling sad because I got to experience what it was like to have my old friends back. I got to play with them every day and I knew that I was going to miss them a lot. I also was sad because I was going to miss my family at home a lot (Grandmas and Uncles).”

Q: Tell us about your time with your buddies. What were some of your favorite moments back in Thousand Oaks with your friends?
TA: “My most favorite moment (Well I had two actually). One was when my friends and I were at the party and we had a lot of fun together ding dong ditching in the neighborhood and playing Guitar Hero on Play Station. The second favorite memory was when me, Conner, Tevor, Alex and Holden all got together and played in the park together and then went to our house and played ping pong and watched football.”

Q: Trey, you were able to spend a lot of time with your grandmothers and grandfathers when at home, including sleepovers at both places. Tell us about your time with them and what were some memories that you have?
TA: “I had a great time at both of their houses. I liked spending time with them and mostly during meals. It was when we got to talk the most with each other. I also liked seeing Ecco (Grandma Gina’s cat).”

Q: Trey, be honest, did you miss Italy at all when you were home in California and if so, what did you miss?
TA: “I missed some things and also didn’t miss things about Italy. I didn’t miss school, but I missed my friends in school. I also missed Simone, Lilly and the castle. I didn’t miss having to go into the room in the castle that I sleep in, but I like my own bedroom at home a lot better. I also didn’t miss the really bad internet connection and the small roads in Italy.”

Q: Trey tell us about your Christmas. What were some of the things that you received as gifts that you are happy about?
TA: “I was happy about getting nineteen different books and cant wait to read them. I also was happy to get a lot of gift cards to EB games and Best Buy so I could buy things for my Gameboy and so I could buy a PSP (Play Station Portable).”


Interview with Olivia:

Q: Livy, you’re now back in Italy and getting settled in again. Be honest, are you happy to be back or do you wish you were in California still?
OA: “I’m happy to be back to see kitty (Lilly) and my friends Georgia, Dia, Salma, Simone, Isabella and my teacher. Can I pick both places? I want to be in both places because I also miss my friends and family in California too.”

Q: Olivia, you were able to spend a lot of time with your grandmothers and grandfathers when at home, including sleepovers at both places. Tell us about your time with them and what were some memories that you have?
OA: “We had dinner at grandma “Ushi’s house and mommy and I built blocks at her house. I liked petting the kitty at grandma Gina’s house too. It was fun to sleep over with them. I missed them a lot.”

Q: Tell us about your time with your girlfriends and cousins. What were some of your favorite moments back in Thousand Oaks with them?
OA: “When I was sleeping over with Brinn was a lot of fun. It was my first sleepover with a friend that was my age. We had fun together. We played a game where I find her and she’s a puppy and has special powers. It was really fun!”

Q: Olivia, be honest, did you miss Italy at all when you were home in California and if so, what did you miss?
OA: “Yes and I missed kitty very much. I also missed my friends in Italy.”

Q: Olivia tell us about your Christmas. What were some of the things that you received as gifts that you are happy about?
OA: “I got an American Girl doll named Julie that I like a lot. I also got DVD’s (Hairspray) and watched movies with my mommy and you that were really funny like Dumb and Dumber and Planes Trains and Automobiles.”

No comments: