Thursday, October 18, 2007

An Interview with Anna

Much of what you read in this blog is a combination of mine and Anna’s feelings and experiences on a daily basis. She has settled into Italian life in a seamless way. Most of you know her pretty well and have experienced her easy going way. This translates well to a place where things happen slower and with many hiccups. I think that it's fair to say that in another life, Anna was a Florentine! Rather than me trying to capture her feelings, I will ask her a few questions:

Q1: A little more than two months into our adventure, how would you rate the experience thus far on a scale of one to ten and why:
Anna’s Answer: “A ten for sure. We are experiencing a completely different culture and way of living, with fantastic surroundings, people, food, architecture and art. It is completely different from home. There are no strip malls. It is not boring. I don’t feel like my life is the same every day. I love the bars. I can't get a bad coffee anywhere if I tried. One of the sweetest sounds I have ever heard is little Italian children speaking (in Italian). I will never forget their voices as long as I live.”

Q2: Thus far what has been the biggest surprise about living here?
Anna’s Answer: “Our flat (the castle) is like a dream. It’s a once in a lifetime experience to live in a castle with so much history and such amazing views. I don’t think that I will ever tire of looking out the window. I feel really lucky to experience this.”

Q3: Tell us about the motorino.
Anna’s Answer: “The motorino is great, it makes me giddy! I love exploring the city on it. I feel like we are Italian when we ride the motorino.”

Q4: What don’t you like about Italy?
Anna’s Answer: “I haven’t really experienced anything I don't like that is worth noting. Maybe I have not been here long enough. Maybe traffic, but I guess that comes with the package.”

Q5: What comes to mind when I say the following word…”Florence”
Anna’s Answer: “Historical, mysterious, beautiful, busy.”

No comments: